Affiliate Egg integration
Affiliate Egg is another plugin our team offers for adding affiliate products to your website. The biggest advantages of Affiliate Egg:
- No API access required. Extracts data directly from store websites.
- Can create custom parsers for almost any store.
- Affiliate Egg parsers can be connected as separate Content Egg plugin modules. This will allow for product price updates, price comparisons, all templates, and other Content Egg features.
So our clients prefer to use the integration of those two plugins to work with shops not available in the Content Egg by default.
Affiliate Egg has a set list of supported stores. If you need a custom parser for a not-default store, we can create one for you.
- It's only $25 per parser. Each store requires a separate parser, and you can use it on any of your websites.
- E-mail us your list of stores. We'll check it and send you an invoice. It may take several days to create the parsers.
- To install them, simply copy the parser files to your server's dedicated
wp-content/affegg-parsersdirectory. Custom parsers work absolutely the same as default parsers.
- We provide a 6-month guarantee for any custom products. If your parser needs any corrections during this time, we'll do it for free.
To connect Affiliate Egg parsers as separate Content Egg plugin modules, do the following:
- 1.Go to
Content Egg > Affiliate Egg integrationand select the stores you want to connect.
2. Go to
Content Egg > Modules. You'll see a whole new block of the Affiliate Egg modules.
3. Activate the new module.
4. Work with the AE modules just as you would with standard Content Egg plugin modules. We recommend that you use direct product URL searches on top of keyword search since doing so requires fewer queries to the source website.
5. To make an affiliate link from direct product links, you need to set
Affiliate link(Deeplink) for every module. You can change the affiliate link at any time and switch traffic from one affiliate network to another.
Watch the video on Content Egg + Affiliate Egg integration:
Affiliate Egg works as a web-parser. This means that for each product search or price update, the plugin must make a separate http request to source site. For various reasons, there are sometimes anti-bot mechanisms implemented on websites. Sometime plugin's bot will be blocked if it makes too many requests per second/hour/day. Sometimes there is a rate limit on how many requests per IP address.
You will get
403error if you have blocked the server's IP.
Usually, it will be unblocked after 24 hours, but, in any case, you should avoid too many requests. Here is our recommendations:
- Search by direct product URL instead of keyword (important point).
- Don't set too often price updates in price update period in settings.
- Don't add too many products at once.
A ban can also be permanent (for example, due to a bad history of your shared IP address). In this case, there is no other way than to change the server IP or use a proxy.
Not all of the stores which have affiliate programs and which we want to work with have Product API. Especially it is true for little stores. The only way is to receive data directly from the site. We can also add a custom parser for you if the store is not yet in supported shops by our plugin.
Everywhere when it is possible use Content Egg. For example, support of Amazon is represented in both plugins. But Amazon has perfect API, works quickly and stable unlike from web-parser. When the parsing is too intensive your IP might be blocked on amazon site.